I signed up to be a LuLaRoe Pop Up Hostess! Now what?
9 steps to fabulousness as a LuLaRoe Pop Up Hostess!
- Invite 50 people! Do NOT, I repeat do NOT, invite every single person on your Facebook friends list. You should only invite those who you know or think might like LuLaRoe! If you haven’t talked to someone since kindergarten, I guarantee she probably doesn’t want to be invited. Just don’t be awkward! What you can do is spark an interest by sharing a post about being a LuLaRoe pop up hostess and if anyone wants to be added, to comment or send you a message. To the 50 ladies you are inviting, a personal message is best! You can do this through a private message via Facebook messenger, a text message, a phone call, or even in person!
- Welcome your guests! My suggestion is to use a picture of you wearing LuLaRoe and welcome your guests into the shopping group. This helps notify them as you are posting and we know Facebook shows us our friend’s posts first. Once they see your post, they will know where they are and why they are in the group as well as getting your guests comfortable! And for those not really into shopping (what kind of friends are those?!) it allows them an easy way to leave the group. Don’t force people to remain in the group if they don’t want to be! If you noticed someone has left, don’t add them back. Again, don’t be awkward!
- Set your goal!! Want to stay motived during your pop up? The best way to do this is to tell me what you want for your free pieces! We will make a plan to work together and get you to your goal! If you’re really wanting a new Amelia, tell me! I want you to get something that makes you feel confident and beautiful!!! My LuLaRoe Pop Up hostess rewards are 1 free piece for every 10 pieces sold! I suggest aiming for at least 2 free pieces! And, yes, you can pick anything from my inventory that your heart desires!!!
- Pictures, pictures, pictures! They’re worth a 1,000 words right? Ain’t nobody got time to read 1,000 words! Ha! Throughout your pop up I will post each style that I carry in my inventory and introduce it to the group. As you see styles that you have in your collection, share a picture of YOU wearing it!! Post this separate from my post–do not post it in the comments of my post. Remember when I said that your friends will see your posts first? This is why it is so important to post it individually! My suggestion is to go ahead and take these pictures prior to your pop up! This will help you streamline the process and you don’t have to worry about anything but actually sharing the pictures in the group! If you own every style that I carry, you do not have to post a picture of every style. What I suggest is either a layout or grid picture showcasing your favorite styles! But wait… I don’t own any LuLaRoe yet and I want to get some free pieces by hosting a pop up?? That’s totally fine! Just head on over to my LuLaRoe Style board on pinterest!
- Create excitement! Start by commenting on some of the posts such as the style posts. This helps your friends see them quicker. Once you see the games (yes, there will be games!) start playing and tag your friends to get them to play! Since you’re hosting and getting freebies from me anyway, let’s share the wealth and let your friends win! And…there will be giveaways too! Make sure to tag your friends and get them involved because who doesn’t want FREE LuLa??! RIGHT!? Let’s make this fun for everyone and create an up-beat environment: use lots of emoji’s and my favorite punctuation, the exclamation point! The more you interact and engage with your friends in the shopping group, the more likely the group will shop their hearts out!! Remember those goals we set in step 3?? Hustle, baby!
- Remind your friends! On the day shopping opens, post a picture and remind your friends that it’s shopping day!!! The best time to post a Happy Shopping Day picture is around lunch, as most people will check social media during their lunch hour! Outside of the shopping group, remind 15 of your closest friends and family members that you already invited to shop! Call ’em, talk to them in person, send a text or an email–just get the word out there!! Tell them to check-in on the group 30 minutes prior to the shopping start time for a chance to win $5 lula cash! This is open to anyone shopping that comments on the check-in post! Easy, peasy!
- Shopping time!!!! It’s game time, baby! Let’s hustle and meet your goals for some free LuLa! Tag your friends on styles you think they might like and even on specific pieces that look like them! I have a friend who is very specific about her clothing color palette, so I KNOW if she is going to love a piece and I’ll tag her on those items! See a piece you love? Comment on it!! Remember that the more you engage your friends, the more eyes will see the inventory, and therefore, the more shopping will occur. Of course, if you’re a broke college student, do not plan your pop up when rent is due–wait until it’s close to payday! Make sure to stake your claim on any pieces you want! Shop right along with your friends and we’ll figure out the hostess rewards at the end! I’ll make sure your most expensive pieces are your freebies!! Feel free to message me at anytime during your pop up for an updated piece count! I want to work with you to make sure you meet your goals for your free LuLa!!!
- The Little Hostess That Could! On the second day of the pop up, don’t lose the momentum! Some of your friends might have went to bed early or had other obligations, so make sure to get them engaged today! Post a shopping reminder before lunch with the closing time and remind your friends to tag one of us if they need help or have questions! Keep tagging friends on styles and pieces you think they might like or you think would look fabulous on them! Don’t forget to “react” to pieces and posts–reactions are hot on Facebook right now and will show up in the newsfeed much quicker! Last night I posted a graphic regarding hosting a pop up, make sure to tag friends on this post as well because you will get additional rewards for every person that books and hosts a pop up!!
- Closing time! Help me share the care instructions with your friends! If you know someone claimed an item, please tag them in the care instructions post! LuLaRoe might be magical, but to make it last you have to properly care for your pieces. I’ll post a thank you graphic after the pop up closes and I suggest that you also share a thank you post! Remember, you’re getting some free pieces, so thank your friends!!! One thing you can do as shopping occurs is to comment and thank your friends each time they claim a piece! Make the shopping process fun for them too!! Wahoo!! You survived! Congratulations on completing your time as a LuLaRoe Pop Up Hostess!!
If you hosted an online pop up with me, did these tips help? If you haven’t hosted with me and you’re ready to be a fabulous LuLaRoe Pop Up Hostess, contact me today and let’s get you on my calendar!!